Friday 3 September 2010

Hamas Continue Terror Attacks

Hamas have threatened to continue their terror attacks until the peace talks stop, and they mean what they say.
After murdering four Israelis on Tuesday, on Wednesday another two Israelis were injured in the same way, shot at in their car whilst driving.
And yesterday a 12 year old Israeli girl was injured and evacuated to hospital after being hit in the head by a rock thrown by Palestinians (although this sort of attack is actually fairly common.)
Just Journalism examine yesterday's coverage of the peace talks, noting the Times' detailed look at Hamas and their violent opposition to peace, whilst others - most notably the Guardian, as usual - equated settlers with terrorists.
Today though, the Times headline refers to the "drive-by shootings of settlers", as though being settlers means they deserved it.
Why is it that the media view settlers as the main obstacle to peace, when even the Palestinians don't? Hamas don't distinguish between Israelis based on what town they live in. To them, a Jew is a Jew and must be killed.
They only use settlers as an excuse. Whatever they say about the settlements, we've seen already with Gaza that Israel giving away land does not bring peace from the Palestinians - it is met with more violence: 10,000 rockets have been fired into Southern Israel over the last few years.
So it is not up to Israel and never has been; we have always been open to peace. Once the Palestinian leaders agree that they want peace, and convince their brainwashable people that peace is good and not terrorism, then the talks might actually go somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog during an angry debate with my viciously anti-Semitic, pro-Palestine aunt, during which she called me a Zionist and sneered that I might have Jewish blood. I just wanted to let you know you're doing a bang up job and I'm glad there are people like you out there. Sometimes I swear it feels like I'm the only pro-Israel person in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment really means a lot to me, thank you.

    I know I moan a lot here, but I never really thought about how lucky I am to have friends and family on my side and Israel's, when it does feel that the whole world is against us.

    I wish I could give you some advice about educating your aunt, but there are some people who just aren't willing to listen and it's impossible to get through to them. I suppose the best thing to do it just keep yourself in the know so at least you're able to defend Israel.

    The number 1 informative blog on the situation in Israel and the Middle East is Elder of Ziyon, link is on the right. Also OyVaGoy by Chas Newkey-Burden is great, he's a really special person, and not Jewish so it's especially interesting that he's such a good friend to Jews and Israel. (you probably already know about those blogs though).

    How is it that you're pro-Israel? Have you ever been there? Feel free to email me if you want (from my profile at the end of the page).

    PZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Israel, no, but the plight of the Jewish people seems obvious to me and I find it hard to understand how so many people here in Britain manage to ignore it in favour of hurling accusations that the Israeli government are evil tyrannic oppressors trying to invade Palestine and throw the Muslims out.

    The problem, with people like my aunt and others like her in this country, is a sort of ignorant middle class group consciousness. I truly think she believes what she believes because it's what her class are meant to think. If all her friends were pro-Israel, she'd probably be flying out to Florida right now to burn copies of the Koran with this right wing nut everyone is talking about in the news at the moment.

    ReplyDelete